If boating life is what you’re after, Florida’s Space Coast is the place to be. With direct access to the Atlantic Ocean and local boating and fishing spots like the Indian River Lagoon, Lake Pointsett and Sawgrass Lake, the area provides plenty of opportunities to get out on the water.
Florida’s Boating Life Offers Something For Everyone
Whether you like to fish, whale watch or just relax on the water, you’ll love getting out on the boat on Space Coast, Florida’s lakes, rivers 72 miles of Atlantic coastline.
The Best Fishing Spots
In the Space Coast, there are plenty of spots to catch the big one. Here are just a few of them:
- Mosquito Lagoon: Part of the Indian River Lagoon System and the Intracoastal Waterway, this body of water is known as the redfish capital of the world.
- Cocoa Beach’s Thousand Islands: Head out to this beautiful area to catch trout, snook and ladyfish.
- Port Canaveral: Featuring surf and pier fishing, Port Canaveral is famous for its large tripletail.
If you’re looking for up-to-the-minute details about the Space Coast’s best fishing locations, visit Space Fish online for the current week’s fishing report.
Sailing and Powerboating
If sailing or boating for sport is more up your alley, there are plenty of gorgeous places along the Space Coast to spend time on the water.
- Ski Island: This small island is just minutes away from Harbortown Marina and features all types of activities. While the island itself is rife with opportunities for good times, the water is just as much fun. Here, you’ll find plenty of sailing and boating aficionados soaking up the sun and enjoying the water.
- Cocoa Beach: Head to Cocoa Beach and get out on the water for a day of sailing at one of Space Coast’s most popular destinations. There are plenty of great places to dock when you’re done for the day, including restaurants and bars located along the shoreline.
If a day on the water isn’t enough, Cocoa Beach and several lakes in the area make great places to houseboat. Spend your days in the water fishing, swimming and taking in the natural beauty of the Atlantic Ocean and rest your head at night without ever leaving the water.
Spotting Marine Life
Dolphins, manatees and other marine life are frequently spotted in the waters of the Atlantic Ocean along the Space Coast. Whether you’re fishing, houseboating or sailing in the crisp ocean breeze, your chances of catching a glimpse while enjoying boating life here are great.
Finding the Perfect Place to Call Home
By day, the Space Coast is a beautiful place to sail, fish and enjoy life on the water but unless you’re houseboating, finding the perfect place to call home at the end of the day is the best way to cement your new lifestyle.
For help finding a home near the water, contact Curri Kirschner Real Estate.